Goldendoodle Rescue

Loving Man's Best Friend

Article about Goldendoodle Rescue by Lynn Banis 

Rescued Goldendoodle
I am unashamedly a dog lover. Don't get me wrong. I like cats, birds - just about any animal I can think of - except spiders and snakes. Definitely not spiders and snakes. But I really love dogs. I have always had a dog. Growing up we had cocker spaniels, Taffy and Winkie. Then we had a poodle, Jolie. After I got married we had two cockers named Mr. Chips and then Tinker. We then graduated to a golden retriever named Duncan and now we have a goldendoodle by the name of Abby. I loved them all dearly and they all had different personalities. The reason I am writing about dogs is that October is Adopt a Shelter Dog month.

Since the economy tanked many people had to give up their family pets because they couldn't afford them. The shelters are full of wonderful dogs that need a new "forever home". You could give them one. The beauty of a shelter dog is that they are usually already housebroken and often you can find one that has much more training than that. You just need to check them out very carefully. There are books you can buy that will tell you what to look for. Adopting a Great Dog by Nona Kilgore Bauer and Successful Dog Adoption by Sue Sternberg are two and you can find more on Amazon or any other bookstore web site.

Don't forget rescue associations either. If you know the breed you want then you can Google to find them. For instance, I could Google "goldendoodle rescue" to find groups in my area that have goldendoodles for adoption. These particular groups try to keep dogs out of kill shelters and have the pets in foster homes until they are rescued by someone like you. They are great sources for dogs of all breeds.

If you cannot adopt then fostering a pet may be an option for you. I don't suggest you do this lightly. It certainly is not good for a dog to be shuffled from family to family but there is a great need for foster homes also. Check with the rescue groups or even your veterinarian if this is something you would like to do. Be prepared for a lengthy and thorough screening process if you try this.

If you are wanting a pet or thinking a getting one for Christmas take a look at adoption. There are so many great animals out there just waiting for your loving home - try the shelter or rescue route!

Lynn Banis PhD, MCC is known as America's High Performance Coach. She specializes in helping women. executives and entrepreneurs make the most of their opportunities and potential. Her years of working with small and large businesses has given her a depth of knowledge that is invaluable to her clients. You can reach her at http://www.discoverypointcoaching.com or at her email address listed on the site. Also check out Lynn's other businesses: Coach Academy Texas, a cutting edge coach training company; and Turnkey Coaching Solutions, a coaching program management and contract coach staffing company.
Lynn' coaching membership site is at http://www.discoverypointcoaching.com/blog2 Come check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment